Where are you?

Monday, February 23, 2015

Book Blog

I usually choose books in one of three ways; a book that we have in the classroom, a book that seems similar to a book that I already read and liked, or a book that someone else recommends in their book blogs. This way a lot of the time I already know a few things about the book before I read it.
My favorite book is one that I read this year: The Secret Life of Bees. It is about a girl named Lily who's father often hurts her. She runs away and has to deal with racism and finding out about her mother. Everyone would like the Secret Life of Bees!
The book I read over winter break was Looking for Alaska. It is told from the perspective of a boy named Miles who goes to a boarding school. He instantly makes friends with a boy named the colonel and a girl named Alaska. I thought Looking for Alaska was really good. It is sad at parts and has a lot of mature topics.


Some books that I want to read are;
All the Light we Cannot see
I am Number four
sorta like a rockstar

2 comments:

  1. I also loved the Secret Life of Bees, I like how you summarized it without being too long winded. I will also try reading Looking for Alaska considering that a lot of people have recommended it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking for Alaska is a great book. I'm glad you liked it!

    ReplyDelete